T & C’s
The prices displayed in our catalogue and on Custom Couches website are quoted in South African Rands inclusive of Value Added Taxation (‘VAT’) and are valid and effective only in South Africa. Prices are subject to change. Products and prices displayed in our catalogue and on Custom Couches website may vary from time to time. The prices displayed on our website for our products represent the full list price of the product itself, including VAT. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items may be incorrectly priced. If an item’s correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.
Risk of loss
Customers who elect to collect from Custom Couches premises unconditionally agree and accept that the risk of loss and title for such items passes to you at the time of collection by you or your appointed agent. The risk of loss and title passes to you, the customer, upon delivery as evidenced by the signature of the person taking delivery, on our copy of the delivery note.
All merchandise displayed and sold by Custom Couches is subject to stringent quality control standards. Should a customer not be satisfied with any product received within 48 hours from date of receipt, Custom Couches will endeavour to repair or replace the item in question. Custom Couches does not refund or offer in store credit as all goods are custom made to clients specifications.
Custom Couches delivery/collection lead time is 21 working days from deposit. The delivery lead time quoted to you at the time of order is an at best estimate of the delivery date. Whilst every effort is made at all times to achieve this date, it does happen from time to time that delays are encountered that are often outside of our control. Custom Couches will make every effort to expedite delayed lead times and will make every effort to ensure that the customer is updated on the progress of the order.
Prevailing South African law will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and Custom Couches or its affiliates.
For any further information please refer to the CONTACT US page of the website or call 011 462 1328
Custom Couches will not share, sell, transfer or disclose your personal information with any other company or person without your consent.
Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge that we own the intellectual property rights in and to this website and the data, and that the unauthorised use thereof is expressly prohibited. The word or mark “Custom Couches” however represented, including stylised representation, all associated logos and symbols and combinations of any of the foregoing with another word or mark, used on this site, are the trademarks of Custom Couches.
The colours of our products shown on this website may look different on your computer compared with the colour of the actual product. This is because different computers display colours differently depending on the type of computer screen (LCD, plasma, desktop, laptop etc). For this reason it is strongly recommended that you visit one of our showrooms to see the actual colour of the item. Custom Couches cannot be held responsible for any mistakes in ordering items whose actual colour is different from that appearing on the website as viewed on your computer.
Sales Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions regulate the customer order at Custom Couches.
- We will endeavour to deliver on the date and time advised. While we are committed to deliver on time, the actual delivery date is subject to prevailing circumstances and may be subject to variation.
- Ownership of the goods will rest with Custom Couches until payment has been received in full. Payment of the full value of the order is required on or before Custom Couches will deliver or before we can authorise collection.
- If after 30 days of notification by Custom Couches Head Office that your goods are ready for delivery, you as the customer fail to make final payment, Custom Couches reserves the right to sell them to defray expenses.
- Orders placed are irrevocable once a deposit has been paid. In the event of Custom Couches agreeing to refund monies paid either prior to or post delivery due to circumstances unrelated to product quality or lead times, and If Custom Couches agrees to accept return of any goods, the Customer will be liable for a 25% handling charge calculated on the purchase price of those goods. The onus of proof of return and proof of purchase rests with the customer at all times.
- Sale items are sold voetstoets and cannot be exchanged or returned.
- Delivery Policy:
- Deliveries will be supplied by BNC Logistics subject to your address being within the designated delivery zones and you will be charged accordingly on your invoice.
- Deliveries will be available from Monday to Friday
- For deliveries outside our designated zones, you will be contacted by your sales agent to confirm delivery price and delivery instructions.
- For collection of goods from Custom Couches, prior arrangement and acknowledgement is essential prior to such collection.Please note that no goods will be given to outside transporters unless Custom Couches has been paid in full for such goods. Proof of payment in full must be on hand for any goods to be released. In the event of outside contractors collecting on behalf of a customer, Custom Couches may in addition to proof of payment in full, contact the customer to confirm proceedings.
- To ensure a smooth and timely delivery of Custom Couches goods, please make sure that you clear the room(s) in advance where your new goods are to be located prior to the delivery service arriving. The Customer must remove all breakable items in the path of the delivery. Custom Couches delivery crew are not permitted to re-arrange Customers’ furniture. Custom Couches delivery crew will place the goods delivered in the place of the Customer’s choice. Items delivered will be unwrapped on site and the packing and wrapping material removed if so required. The delivery crew is not permitted to uplift or take away with them any unwanted items of furniture or items not designated for removal previously with the call centre. It is in the customers’ own interests that all loose items of value be removed from the delivery site and that in addition pets be secured in a safe location away from the crew and delivery site. Custom Couches cannot be held responsible for any items claimed to be missing following a delivery. Breakables such as glasses, vases, wall mountings etc must be secured or removed from the delivery site. Custom Couches cannot be held responsible for any items claimed to be missing following a delivery.
- Custom Couches delivery policy for flats and small apartments. The maximum couch length that can be fitted into an elevator cannot exceed 2.2m. If the flat or apartment does not have a suitable lift for the furniture, then the Custom Couches delivery crew will only be allowed to carry the items up to 3 floors in height, providing the passages are wide enough to accommodate the items without any damages to the goods. Custom Couches delivery crew are not equipped to hoist goods over balconies. Should items be required to be hoisted a dedicated team would be required and subject to an additional charge. Custom Couches shall not be responsible for any damage whatsoever whether direct or consequential rising out of the use of the goods or in respect of any late or short delivery.
- Custom Couches furnishes with its goods, its standard guarantees only and no other guarantees, warranties or representations of whatsoever nature will be made to the Customer by Custom Couches in respect of such goods.
- To obtain warranty service, simply contact Custom Couches by telephone on 011 462 1328 or by e-mail. You can contact Custom Couches at email@example.com. Warranty claims must be accompanied by a copy of the original sales invoice, or other proof of purchase.
- Fabric Policy: Custom Couchesdoes not offer a warranty on fabric
- Payments made by EFT (Electronic funds Transfer) require a 48 hour period to clear funds and allocate them to the orders.